Would you like to take your outdoor skills to the next level? Learning about water rescue and rope access training will boost your confidence when partaking in sports outside. Become the trainer and learn skills that may save one of your team members in times of trouble.
Outdoor Safety Training provides a water rescue and “Canyon Rescue Workshop”, with all specialist equipment provided for just £275. It is a 3-day course which covers all the skills that are necessary to perform self-rescues and team rescues in a canyon environment.
This course is developed to help Students work through a number of practical exercises which could happen during a canyoning experience.
Canyon Rescue is a great choice for those who are Mountain Rescue team members and Fire Department staff.
What Core Skills Will You Learn
- How to avoid rescue situations by pre-rigging for contingencies
- Anchor considerations for technical rescue
- How to access a victim from above/below
- How to passing a knot while descending/ascending
- Positioning additional rope during a rappel
- Pick-offs and assisted rappels
- Specialised rope rescue
- How to raise systems using mechanical advantage and counter-weights
- How to convert a blocked rope for a lowering system/raising system
- How to convert a contingency anchor for a raising system
- Swift water rescue techniques
- Improvised carrying techniques
The Swift Water and Flood Rescue courses are for technicians that need to enter high risk water situations and rescues, this includes floods and white water situations. The requirements for this course are that you are an extremely confident swimmer and are completely calm in extreme whitewaters training locations.
This four-day course allows candidates to gain a Rescue 3 SWFRT certificate valid, which will be valid for 3 years. Throughout the course, all Technical equipment will be supplied, usually, costs around £480.
Swiftwater & Flood Rescue Technician
This course has been created to train those who will be required to carry out rescues in a Swiftwater and flood environment. It is especially beneficial to those in roles such as Emergency Services personnel and Mountain Rescue Teams. What Skills Will You Learn?
Over the period of four days, this intensive course will provide you with the necessary skills to perform rescues in a swiftwater and flood environment. The course is based in both inside a classroom environment and outdoors.
- Introduction to technical rescue equipment
- Hazard identification & risk assessment
- Basic rope systems
- How to swim in moving water
- Medical considerations
- Introduction to boat-handling skills
- Scene management
- Contact and in-water rescues
- Basic incident command
- Crossing techniques
- Search Operations
- Flat water boat handling
Rope Access Training
The RAT for emergency responders course is most suitable for those who are members of technical rope rescue team. This course is built to enable those who want to become experts in rope access methods.
CoWorker Rescue at Height
If you already work in heights, then you will know that it is a possibility that you may have to help a colleague who has fallen. If your colleague is hanging, then you should know how you can help by stepping n with co-worker rescue skills. This course is designed to help and motivate these individuals to help in this situation.
Rope Rescue Technician
This particular course has been developed to teach students about concepts and techniques that can help small groups undertake tech